Thursday 24 March 2022

The painting Challenge 2022

Right! This goes all the way back to 2015.

Time to try and get this started again. I pretty much painted nothing last year and need some motivation. A bit more time in the day would be helpful too though due to all my other commitments!


This year my goal is to get back to some armies and finish them off before I start any major new projects. First off I'm taking some advice I saw online about the best way to finish painting all your models. Stop buying new ones! Therefore this year I've a self enforced (partial) buying embargo in place. Will have to see how long that lasts though :-)

The plan is to get the following painting projects to finish off:
  1. Team Yankee Americans
  2. Bolt Action Waffen SS
  3. Warhammer Trafalgar French and British fleets
  4. DBA 15mm feudal english
  5. Flames of War Waffen SS
  6. Hail Caesar Norman army (200 28mm minis - not likely to finish!)
Scoring will be worked out as follows, with a 300pt total aimed for:

28mm Infantry, 15mm infantry base, 15mm vehicle 1pt
Medium sized model/scenery 2pts
Large model/ scenery 3pts
Very large model/scenery 5pts
Finishing previous year models 1/2pts
Retouching older models 1/4pts

So far this year I've gotten the following completed:

20 FoW tanks (ish) - 20pts
20 FoW British Airborne infantry bases (ish) - 20pts
25 Team Yankee American tanks - 50pts due to Merdc camo
9 TY american infantry bases - 9pts
4 TY american helicopters - 8pts

Total to date is therefore 107pts!

No comments:

Post a Comment